Saturday, June 19, 2010

There's a snake in my boots...



Last Friday I started 'Painting in Painter with Ryan Wood', a nine part online course on Schoolism.com.  The instructor, Ryan Wood, is a super-talented concept artist in the videogames industry.  Check out his personal blog here.

The first lesson covered the basics of the Painter interface plus a whole bunch of cool tricks and tips I simply wouldn't have discovered unless I used Painter on a daily basis.

I'm very happy with the opening section and am looking forward to the next.

The first assignment (shown above) was to create a black and white character using the techniques from the video.  Before starting the course I was just getting into Read Dead Redemption, so it's my tribute to the greatest game I don't have time to play!  Once I've completed the course I'll come back to this image and add some colour with my newfound Painter abilities.


Shane S

No comments:

Post a Comment